The story of “The Magic Bank Account” has been around for years. Think about it:
“Imagine that you won a contest that awarded you $86,400, deposited in your bank every morning. You had to follow the rules to keep the money.
- If you don’t spend it, you lose it.
- You cannot transfer the money to another account.
- You may only spend it.
- Next day, another $86,400 is deposited.
- The bank can end the game without warning.
What would you do with all that money? Would you spend it on yourself … give it away … take care of people you love? Would you spend it all, knowing another deposit happens the next day?”
The story continues: “Actually the game is real. Every person wins the prize. The prize is time.”
- Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as gift of life.
- When the day is over, we don’t get that time back.
- What we haven’t used up is gone forever.
- You make decisions about how you spend your gift.
- Each morning the account is refilled, but the game can be over without warning.
Jesus gave us a formula for making the most of the gift: “Your heavenly Father already knows your needs, and He will give you what you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern” (Matthew 6:32,33).
Time is precious. Handle with care!