John Dillinger said he robbed banks because that’s where the money was. Paul climbed the Areopagus in Athens and braved the dangers (prisons) of Rome to preach the Good News of Christ because that’s where the people were. Jesus traveled the shore towns of Galilee and taught in the Temple in Jerusalem because that’s where the people were.
As we seek to reach our community for Christ, it’s imperative that we go to where the people are; that we make it convenient for our community to find out who we are; and that we approach our neighbors through avenues with which they’re familiar. In 2014, that means we need to have a strong online presence.
We are now one year into a renewed focus on our web presence. Because of a host of dedicated volunteers with an astounding array of talents, we have made tremendous progress this year.
In an effort to go to where the people are, our Marketing and Technology Team is committed to doing the following things as we enter the second year of our new virtual presence:
1. We’re committed to improving our video capabilities. In year two we’ll develop a system to produce simple, high quality videos to communicate with our members and to let our members share their stories directly with our community.
2. We will continue to build our Facebook and Twitter teams with a real focus on increased engagement and interaction as we seek to expand our reach into our city.
3. We will continue to fine tune our promotional efforts, working to find the right blend of print and digital advertising, and the right mixture of promotional and event-based community engagement to most effectively share Wieuca with the world.
4. As our video capabilities improve, we’ll make better use of YouTube as a third branch of our social media strategy.
5. We’ll conduct an annual review of our website and prioritize needed updates and improvements.
6. We’re committed to praying that God will partner with us in our work and use our efforts to bless His church and our community.
God has given Wieuca people with tremendous gifts and talents. Many of them are serving on our Marketing and Technology Ministry Team. Join me in praying that God will bless their work and leverage their commitment to make a difference for the kingdom.